Nov 19, 2012
So today we finally got the boy! I don’t even know where to start so I’ll just take you on our journey.
So today we finally got the boy! I don’t even know where to start so I’ll just take you on our journey.
We got started around 6:15 am. We ate our breakfast to go on the way and
arrived at the orphanage around 7:00. I
was very surprised because it looked more like
a modern hotel than the sad place we expected.
Our guide told us this was one of the top orphanages in the country and
I believe him. When I got out of the car
I felt super dizzy and thought I might pass out. Thankfully, our guide George was there to hold
me up while Chip got our paperwork.
We met with the director for
awhile and she gave us the things from the care package we had sent Trey
earlier as well as a nice gift for him from the ladies there. Then we went into the meeting room and talked
for awhile longer while I got more and more butterflies. I was beginning to give up when I heard these
little squeaks. I looked at Chip and it
reminded me so much of when our eyes met the first time we heard Eli cry. My heart was POUNDING and then so casually,
in he walked.
He didn’t cry or smile or have
any expression. I bent down and they
kind of pushed him to me and I showed him the bear we made and the Lightening
McQueen car Eli picked out for him and finally got a small smile. I picked him up and the ladies wanted to take
lots of pictures of us. Then we went to the
front and they wanted to take more pictures of him with us. The orphanage director took him from me and
carried him to the car. The other ladies
were still following us, waving to him and trying to make him smile. Right as we were about to pull away one lady
reached in his pocket and opened a candy for him. It was obvious they cared for him and loved him
greatly. Thanks so much for your prayers
about that.
Off we went to various places,
jumping in and out of our car in crazy Beijing traffic with our son we just
met. The trip is a blur, I'm sure we did lots of important paperwork but all I remember is holding our boy. The whole time he didn’t laugh or cry or do anything. Finally
Chip dug some snacks out of his backpack and we got a small smile. Then my genius husband started playing hide
the puff and he started laughing. And he’s
rarely stopped since.
He loves the elevator and eating
and playing with the Chuck trucks Nannie gave him and laughing at us and eating
again. He’s such a sweet boy and I can’t believe
he’s ours.
Love you Trey!






1 comments:
Traci! I am rejoicing with you! We adopted our 2 daughters in May 2011 from Shanghai. They are also Deaf. They are now ages 13 & 15. How old is your son??? HE'S ADORABLE!!!!! <3
Post a Comment